Continuing Education (CEU)
CES and MET Certification Workshops
Allevia Health offers in-service trainings for healthcare practitioners in person or by Zoom. These trainings focus on reviewing treatment protocols, technical aspects of the technology and recommendations on how to effectively integrate Alpha-Stim into clinical practices. Please contact us to schedule an in-service for you and your staff with our senior consultant, Jay Halaj, PhD or our regional representatives.
Webinars are available through the Alpha-Stim manufacturer, Electromedical Products International, Inc., in Mineral Wells, TX. The CES and MET education webinar with Josh Briley PhD, FAIS, Science and Education Director, offers a comprehensive introduction to the Alpha-Stim for healthcare professionals. To register, please visit: https://www.alpha-stim.com/educational-opportunities/
Primary learning objectives:
- Gain understanding of the FDA regulatory status of CES and MET, and the fundamental differences between CES and MET and other electromedical modalities indicated for the treatment of pain and mental disorders.
- Gain understanding of the research, including clinical trials, and postulated mechanisms of action of CES and MET.
- Gain understanding of the general principles of using CES in a clinical practice.
- Explore issues that can arise in clinical practice by discussing actual clinical vignettes of patients using CES and MET.
- Gain understanding of the role and benefits of CES in the context of prescribing psychotropic medications.
- Explore a new explanatory model of CES in the context of theories of brain neuroplasticity and memory reconsolidation.
- Explore the role of CES and MET in the context of relationships between chronic pain, mental health conditions and trauma.
- Gain understanding of the basic protocol of administering CES and MET.