Treating anxiety and insomnia with CES
The Alpha-Stim® AID treats anxiety and/or insomnia with microcurrent using a method called cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES). The treatment is very simple. The current is applied by easy to use clip electrodes that attach on the ear lobes. You may feel a slight tingling sensation under the electrodes, but it is not necessary to feel this in order to achieve results.
Used just 20 to 60 minutes every day, every other day, or on an as-needed basis, CES can help induce a pleasant, relaxed feeling of well being. The Alpha-Stim® AID is well tolerated and very safe in contrast to drugs used in the treatment of mood disorders, many of which have been proven to have undesirable side effects and can be addictive. Unlike drugs, the Alpha-Stim® AID leaves the mind alert. Anxiety reduction is usually experienced during treatment. Insomnia control is generally experienced after several weeks of daily treatment. CES can also help treat the underlying mood disorders associated with pain.
The Alpha-Stim® AID may be used as an adjunct to medication and/or psychotherapy. After treatment, there are usually no physical limitations imposed so the majority of people can resume normal activities immediately. Maintenance of a relaxed, yet alert state is generally achieved with treatments three times per week. As a result, the Alpha-Stim® AID is suitable for clinical or home use.
- Low incidence of adverse effects
- More efficacious than most other forms of therapy
- Relatively easy to learn
- Alternative in cases refractory to conventional care
- Reduces or eliminates need for addictive medications
- No tolerance
- May be applied on schedule or PRN
- May be self-administered by patients
- Highly cost effective
Alpha-Stim® AID kit contents:
- Alpha-Stim® AID console unit
- Earclip electrodes (item #501)
- 256 felt electrode pads (item #EEP) for use with ear clips
- 50 ml bottle of Alpha-Stim Conducting Solution (item #SL250)
- 2 AAA 1.5V batteries (high quality lithium batteries recommended for optimal performance)
- Hard carrying case
- White AID Lanyard (item #502)
- Illustrated owner’s manual
Power Source: Two AAA 1.5 volt batteries (included). Replace with disposable batteries (lithium preferred).
Timer Settings: 20, 40 or 60 minutes.
Current: 0 to 500 µA adjustable in 50 µA increments.
Frequency: 0.5 Hz (pulses per second).
Waveform: Bipolar asymmetric rectangular waves, 50% duty cycle, 0 net current.
Five year warranty
Each Alpha-Stim® AID is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of five years except for replacement of batteries and accessories. See Owner’s Manual for complete details.