Treating pain with MET
The Alpha-Stim® M uses microcurrent electrical therapy (MET) for those suffering from acute, chronic or postoperative pain. The Alpha-Stim® M works with the body on a large variety of ailments, including difficult-to-treat problems.
Alpha-Stim® M microcurrent technology produces residual and cumulative results, far superior to previous traditional milliampere transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) devices. When you turn off a TENS the pain returns. Although broadly classified as a TENS, the Alpha-Stim® M is significantly superior because MET works with tiny currents, closer to the type and amount of electricity that naturally occurs in the body. By comparison, the electric current used by typical TENS devices is thousands of times greater than natural body current.
A slight tingling sensation is sometimes felt under the electrodes, but it is not necessary to feel this in order to achieve results. Many people feel nothing at all with the Alpha-Stim® M except relief from their condition. MET is applied through easy-to-use probes or self-adhesive electrodes. Specific treatment protocols are included with each Alpha-Stim® M, and purchase includes technical and clinical support. Alpha-Stim® technology is backed by more independent research than any other device in its class.
- Acute and chronic pain
Treating anxiety and insomnia with CES
The Alpha-Stim® M treats anxiety and insomnia with microcurrent using a method called cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES). The treatment is very simple. The current is applied by easy-to-use clip electrodes that attach on the ear lobes.
Used just 20 to 60 minutes every day, every other day, or on an as-needed basis, CES can help induce a pleasant, relaxed feeling of well being. The Alpha-Stim® M is well tolerated and very safe in contrast to drugs used in the treatment of mood disorders, many of which have been proven to have undesirable side effects and can be addictive. Unlike drugs, the Alpha-Stim® M leaves the mind alert. Anxiety reduction is usually experienced during treatment. Insomnia control is generally experienced after several weeks of daily treatment. CES can also help treat the underlying mood disorders associated with pain.
The Alpha-Stim® M may be used as an adjunct to medication and/or psychotherapy. After treatment, there are usually no physical limitations imposed so the majority of people can resume normal activities immediately. Maintenance of a relaxed, yet alert state is generally achieved with treatments three times per week. As a result, the Alpha-Stim® M is suitable for clinical or home use.
- Low incidence of adverse effects
- More efficacious than most other forms of therapy
- Relatively easy to learn
- Alternative in cases refractory to conventional care
- Reduces or eliminates need for addictive medications
- No tolerance
- May be applied on schedule or PRN
- May be self-administered by patients
- Highly cost effective
Alpha-Stim® M kit contents:
- Alpha-Stim® M console unit
- 4 self-adhesive AS-Trode™ brand silver electrodes (item #AT7) (good for approximately 2 weeks to 1 month of use)
- A pair of electrode wires (item #403)
- 2 M smart treatment probes (item #402)
- A pair of M earclip electrodes (item #401)
- 100 felt probe electrode pads (item #PEP) for use with probes
- 256 felt earclip electrode pads (item #EEP) for use with earclips
- 50 ml bottle of Alpha-Stim Conducting Solution (item #SL250)
- 2 AA 1.5V batteries (high quality lithium batteries recommended for optimal performance)
- Hard carrying case
- Green M Lanyard (item #404)
- Illustrated owner’s manual.
Power Source: 2 AA 1.5V batteries (included). Replace with disposable batteries (lithium preferred).
Timer Settings: Probe (10 second Smart Probe activated by skin contact), 10, 20, 40, 60 minutes, and continuous.
Current: 0 to 600 µA adjustable in 50 µA increments.
Frequency: 0.5, 1.5, or 100 Hz (pulses per second).
Waveform: Bipolar asymmetric rectangular waves, 50% duty cycle, 0 net current.
Five year warranty
Each Alpha-Stim® M is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of five years except for replacement of batteries and accessories. See Owner’s Manual for complete details.